1. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information, and your rights in this regard, specifically in relation to the website we operate, and any Applications which we may partially or wholly develop, manage, or offer (the “Apps”).
2. By using the Site and/or Apps, you consent to the collection, usage, processing, and storage of personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and/or in compliance with the law.
3. Your personal information that is collected by the Site and/or Apps may be used for the following purposes:
3.1. To register you for inclusion in our service and/or Apps; to fulfil your requests; to investigate and/or address your queries/correspondence; to contact you to obtain or provide information with respect to transactions; to process transactions; to verify the accuracy of our records; or to contact you regarding customer satisfaction surveys;
3.2. To contact you regarding newsletters, new features, special offers, promotional competitions, goods or services, or any other products offered by us, our affiliates or our partners;
3.3. For record-keeping purposes;
3.4. The fulfilment of any contractual or legal obligation;
3.5. The pursuit of any contractual or legal right;
3.6. To improve our services, and your experience on our Site and/or Apps, for example, by processing technical information such as your browser version and operating system;
3.7. To provide us with a better understanding of our target market, for example, processing information gathered through cookies and code;
3.8. For the purposes of research and statistics to assist in our business operations;
3.9. Some voluntarily provided personally identifiable information may be captured for a specific, clearly-defined/obvious purpose, and processed in accordance with and in furtherance of this purpose;
4. You consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following third parties, for the purposes stated below:
4.1. Any applicable third party necessary for the outsourcing of/assistance with any of the abovementioned functions/purposes, or in pursuit of fulfilling the abovementioned functions/purposes or part thereof;
4.2. To development partners who have sponsored your subscription on Yowza or your participation in Siyakha development programmes, for the purpose of tracking the impact of their ESD spending;
4.3. To our employees and/or third-party service providers who assist us in interacting with you for the ordering, purchase and/or sale and delivery of goods and/or services;
4.5. To our contracted service providers, who assist us with our business operations. These service providers are contractually mandated to only process your information in terms of POPI and for the specified purpose;
5. We take the confidentiality of your personal information seriously, and we will ensure that all of our employees, third-party service providers, divisions, partners, and any other people or entities, who may have access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality and POPI compliance agreements in relation to all personal information we share with them.
5.1. Whilst we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures/processing of your personal information, made by/as a result of third parties who are not subject to our control.
6. You agree to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of South Africa and/or your country of residence, which have different data protection rules than in South Africa and/or your country, for the purposes of current or potential future business operations or opportunities.
7. Our Site and/or Apps do not offer information intended to attract children. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of majority.